Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark UI question

From: sean bzd <seanbzd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:12:30 -0500
Wireshark Experts,
Is there a way to resize the fields (1st one, described below) in wireshark where it displays the summary information. (This exists at the very bottom of the Wireshark UI)

Example: it shows the following

Time to live (ip.ttl), 1 byte   <------ Is there a way to increase the size of this field
Packets: 451 Displayed: 3 Marked: 0 Dropped:0
Profile: Default

I have a custom dissector and have somewhat longer names. When I click on a particular packet and navigate to a protocol field, it displays the name of that field.

Example: Field Description (myprotocol.field1.datamember), 2 bytes. But the amount of realestate that is needed is not sufficient and Wireshark truncates it to

Field Description (myprotocol.fie...

Any advice?

Thanks,
Sean