Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] BACnet MS/TP

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 14:09:54 -0700

On Nov 30, 2009, at 10:33 AM, S Smithard wrote:

So I would like to capture the data on serial port comm1? But I am unable to set this as an interface.

The packet capture library for your operating system (libpcap for Unix and variants and WinPcap for Windows) would need to support the serial communications port. Neither of them do at this time as far as I know for direct Wireshark capture. If you have another program that can capture it and save it in one of the file formats understood by Wireshark and there is a Wireshark dissector for it, then it would be possible.

Steve