Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark dissectors port preference

From: sean bzd <seanbzd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:48:25 -0500
Hi,
I have two custom protocol dissectors. The first dissector (first.dll) dissects tcp traffic on particular port(say 12345) and then it needs to hand off the rest of the data to the second dissector (second.dll). Is there a way to let wireshark know that any traffic from and to 12345 port FIRST needs to be parsed by first.dll and THEN by second.dll?? It works fine if I combine the complete functionality in 1 dll but i needed to separate the functionalities into two separate ones and hence this question. Essentially both protocol dissectors need to look at a particular port but the order is important for me.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice.
Sean.