Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Disabling Port Number Translation

From: "George Peaslee" <gpeaslee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 10:24:47 -0600
Disable transport name resolution.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Merton Campbell Crockett" <m.c.crockett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Community support list for Wireshark" <wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 10:15 AM
Subject: [Wireshark-users] Disabling Port Number Translation

I just downloaded the 32-bit Windows version of Wireshark 1.2.4 to look at packets. I looked in Preferences but can't find where to force Wireshark to display numeric port numbers.

Translating port numbers to names wouldn't be so irritating if the ephemeral port used in the connection was left in its numeric form.

Enough of the tirade, where do I disable port number translation in Preferences? I do want the numeric port number displayed.