Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] SSL decode "can't decrypt pre master secret"
From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:11:47 +0000
Clinton James wrote:
Sake Blok wrote:
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:49:03PM -0600, Clinton James wrote:
Sake Blok wrote:
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 07:50:11AM -0600, Clinton James wrote:
I can't seem to decrypt an exchange.  Google doesn't seem to give me
much either.  I hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
My client app is contacting the server WWW.XXX.YYY.ZZZ via https.
ce 7a 51 81 ff b6 d7 79 eb 8c 2c d5 5e 38 63 f8
ssl_decrypt_pre_master_secret wrong pre_master_secret length (128,
expected 48)
dissect_ssl3_handshake can't decrypt pre master secret
Are you sure the private key is the right one for the certificate
offered by site WWW.XXX.YYY.ZZZ?
It is the same key I am using to establish the SSL connection to the
server.  By a google search, I saw someone else say that transposing the
IP in the SSL preference helped.  I have tried both and can't get it to
Ah... there is your problem. You need the *server* key, not the *client*
key, as it is not used for generating the session keys.
So there is no way to decode an SSL session from the client side?
Fiddler?  http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/

Graham Bloice