Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Live Image Stream

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 00:14:38 +1100
There were a few of this sort of  "TCP eye candy" programs around. Hunt around for Etherpeg or Driftnet.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Steve Bertrand <steve@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dennis Burgess wrote:
> What about receiving a live image stream?  i.e. port 80 streaming to a
> PC, to watch images go by?

I always thought that Wireshark was more for diagnostic testing, not
watching movies ;)

Maybe I'm mis-understanding, but using Wireshark to _watch_ a stream
live-time seems like overkill.

Perhaps it would help if you could describe the scenario you have, and
the ultimate objectives you want to achieve.

...are you trying to catch this off-the-wire, or out-of-the-air?

Steve

--
Steve Bertrand
Network Engineer