Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Unknown OUI's...

Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:41:14 -0500
You may want to try:

show mac-address-table address <MAC Address: XX.XX..XX.XX.XX.XX>

This should give you the interface.  Since the packets are unicast you may have had some sort of topology change.  This would cause the mac-address table aging to become very short (STP forwarding delay?) and cause flooding until convergence.  Normally, convergence would be somewhat short but it can take a long time if you have a flacky fiber run that are causing link up/downs (Topology changes).

Thanks,

Daniel Wood  Network Engineer | 3Com Corporation
  þ 350 Campus Dr. M/S 2.5.258, Marlborough, MA 01752
  * Dan_Wood@xxxxxxxx
  F Service and Support FAQ & Forums.