Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] saving traces as simple ASCII file

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 08:15:34 +0100
Use tshark

Thanx,
Jaap

Send from my iPhone

On 31 okt 2009, at 04:45, Edward Peschko <horos11@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All,

I'm trying to work with wireshark, and was wondering exactly how you
save a trace as a simple text file, ie: a textual representation of
what you see with the wireshark GUI app, along with an ASCII
representation of the packets being transferred.

Looking at the file types that you can save, I don't see anything
remotely like this. What am I missing?

Thanks much,

Ed

(
ps - how do you filter packets by an ascii string, again, without
regard to either the metadata or the contents of the packets?
)