Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Windows 7 Support?

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:28:09 -0700
Raymond Jender wrote:

> Does the current version of Wireshark run on Windows 7?

Yes. However, the version of WinPcap that we ship does not. You can work
around the problem by installing WinPcap 4.1.1 from
http://www.winpcap.org/ before you install Wireshark. The next release
of Wireshark will include WinPcap 4.1.1 and will be out shortly.

> Also, I know that the Vista version required a C++ runtime install.
> Does Win7
> require it also?

The Wireshark 1.2.2 installer for 64-bit Windows requires the Visual C++
2008 SP1 redistributable package. This is independent of the version of
Windows you might be running. The redistributable is not required for
the 32-bit installer.