Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] promiscuous capture on Mac OS X shows different 802.11 rates

From: George Nychis <gnychis@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 18:06:43 -0400
Hi all,

I am running Wireshark in promiscuous mode on Mac OS X, and I find
that it is reporting different 802.11 TX rates (radiotap.datarate)
than if I boot the machine in Linux and run Wireshark.  In linux, the
beacons for my AP are shown to be 1Mbps (believable) ... whereas in
Mac OS X Wireshark shows me 13Mbps.  That is a little odd for a beacon
frame.

Has anyone else experienced TX rate issues when running Wireshark in OS X?

Thanks!
George