Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to add SNMP MIBs?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 11:55:26 +0200
Hi!

How do I have to add additional SNMP MIBs?

Since the last time I did this, Wireshark switched from net-snmp to libsmi. Are the steps to add them still the same?

1. Copy MIB files into Wireharks snmp folder
2. Add SNMP module names (not file names!) to the Preferences
3. Restart
4. Look at the console for possible problems

Add this to the users doc? [1] (and following) is a bit sparse :-)

Regards, ULFL

[1] http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChSNMPSMIModules.html