Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Trouble with SSL dissector - got ithalf working!

From: "Sake Blok" <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:40:25 +0200
Hi Dominic,

Duplicate packets will be displayed as "ouf-of-order" at the tcp level, as there is no code (yet) to recognize these packets as duplicates. I bet you are capturing traffic to and from a VM on the host on which this VM runs. In VMware, this results in duplicates (I have no idea why, anyone?).

Editcap does not re-order packets, the -d option just removes the duplicates (you can vrify this by running capinfos on the infile and the outfile).

Wireshark is not able to recognize or delete duplicates at the moment, but it would be a nice feature. Do you mind filing an enhancement request for this at https://bugs.wireshark.org?

Cheers,

Sake