Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Portable 1.2.1 gives Error Message ...

From: Harvey Rothenberg <forensic28sa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:16:24 -0700 (PDT)
To All Who Are Willing To Advise :

I am still receiving the Error Message :

Visual C++ Runtime Lib
Runtime Error
Program: Wireshark ... \dumpcap.exe
Abnormal Program Termination

This is happening to a Portable version of WireShark.  I had checked the Archives and found a report of Bug 3547 in which the user had stated that he had to manually install "WinPcap"  I had downloaded "Dumpcap" 4.0.1 and installed it into and over the existing previously installed version of Dumpcap into the same Portable folder of "E:\PortableApps\WiresharkPortable\App\Wireshark".

I am still receiving the same error message.  Should I have sought out WinPcap instead and installed this as the Bug note had stated ?

I had done this via a local library workstation as well as my own Win2k laptop logged-in as Admin and I am still receiving the same Error Message.

If anyone replies,  I will thank them NOW and will try their advise.

Regards,  Harvey Rothenberg