Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Trouble with SSL dissector - got it half working!

From: "Sake Blok" <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:31:01 +0200
Hi Dominic,

The fact that you got it working for one of the two flows means that the key is ok, you are not using a DH cipher and that all packets of the SSL handshake are present in the trace (those are the 3 common problems with decrypting traffic). However, if the other flow does not decrypt, that could be caused by:

- a missing packet in that flow (unable to fix)
- the first tcp segment of the first SSL record received out-of-order (could be fixed with editcap and mergecap, but is not so trivial)
- duplicate packets in that flow (could be fixed by using 'editcap -d <infile> <outfile>')

If those are not the case, are you able to provide the capture file and the key? Or is this a production environment?

Cheers,

Sake