Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] PID as column on Wireshark
From: Jake Peavy <djstunks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:06:47 -0400
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 8:02 AM, IT eSTUDANT <root.ng@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all
Thanks for answers
Linux is my OS. Well. The main objective is to know what process is working and I could correlate it with the application(let say I'd want to filters packets by PID)...

I think you need to do this in two steps:

Step 1) run netstat -lnp and grep or look for the PID or program you're curious about
Step 2) run Wireshark with an appropriate capture or display filter according to the netstat info

The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why I didn't get more meat, I'll just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where I've hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?