Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] [wirshark-users]missing packet in promiscuous capture mode

Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:54:52 -0400
If I'm not mistaken the reply from the DHCP server will go back to the requesters mac address and not a broadcast address, a switch will only forward traffic to all ports if it is a broadcast, if box A talks to box B directly, box C will never see a thing which is that I think you are seeing.
I think you need to find yourself a nice dumb hub or to port spanning / mirroring on the switch.

Hope that helps
tim