Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How widespread is sniffer talent?

From: "Ryan Zuidema" <ryan.zuidema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:46:11 -0700
General questions,

In my IT experience I have found very few people that know/use sniffers. I'd
estimate roughly 1 in 40 IT industry pros actually know how to utilize a
tool such as Wireshark. Seems odd considering how useful it is. So to the
Wireshark community I ask the following questions:

Does your experience match my estimated ratio?

Why is a tool that's so useful not more widespread?