Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] [TCP Previous segment lost], TCP [TCP Dup ACK 125#1]
Did you perform your ping test with large (IE 1400 byte) packets? The default payload size for the typical ping utility is 32 bytes. A marginal link can look good passing this smaller packet, and fail when a larger packet is used.
-- Dan Meyer