Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Internet connection issues with Wireshark

From: Balraj Balagurunathan <bb328@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:40:49 -0400
Hi,

I am a first time user of Wireshark. I am not a network related person so, please pardon me if I don't get the language right. I am looking to use this tool to capture network traffic between my desktop and an application server. The application server sits behind a firewall and I connect to the firewall through a checkpoint VPN. The problem I have is that everytime I start live capture to the interface (which is the checkpoint VPN), connection to the application server and internet in general is lost.

It would be great if someone can help.

Thanks.