Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark-users] need to find what blocks icmp

Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:23:23 -0400
Title: Wireshark-users] need to find what blocks icmp
Seems you looked in all the 'usual' places, so try looking in some 'unusual' places.

It's not a connectivity problem - you said that they are able to see each other's macs and that ping works in one direction.
Focus on the desktop. There's a program somewhere that you don't think would be blocking icmp, but it does.
It's probably trying to protect you - whether you need it or not..

Do you by any chance have a Cisco VPN Client on the desktop? If so - dig around in the Options and uncheck "Stateful firewall (Always On)". If not, look for some similar program. There's probably a firewall still on somewhere that you don't realize is running.

HTH
Lori