Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] tshark stop capturing after a certain amount of packets be

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 21:18:17 -0400
Amir Najafi-Ardabili wrote:
Hi,

I am using tshark to capture packets:
tshark -q

I want tshark to keep capturing but unfortunately it automatically stops
capturing after a short period of time:

debian:/home/worldamity# tshark -q
Running as user "root" and group "root". This could be dangerous.

Capturing on eth0

36534 packets dropped

18707990 packets captured

do you have any idea how to fix this problem?

Hmm....  Almost 19M packets; I'm guessing out-of-memory.

Please see http://wiki.wireshark.org/KnownBugs/OutOfMemory.

Also: please don't cross-post to multiple Wireshark lists.

Thanks !