Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Sniffing BitTorrent traffic?

From: Kirk True <kirk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:09:23 -0700
Hi all,

I'm looking at sniffing the requests that various BitTorrent clients make in order to improve my prototype client. I started off using Wireshark but I can't get it to reliably recognize BitTorrent messages. Interestingly the messages my prototype BitTorrent client generates are parseable in Wireshark while those interchanged between Transmission are not.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Kirk