Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Decrypt AIM data-SSL Server Certificate?
From: Stephen Fisher <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:54:23 -0600
On Aug 11, 2009, at 1:43 PM, bukkatee wrote:

I'm trying to decrypt AIM messenger traffic on my local home network using Wireshark on Windows Vista. I understand that I need export the server certificate and point to the file in the RSA information in the SSL properties for Wireshark. However, on my machine, I can only find the AOL intermediate and root certificates, not the server certificate in the store (looked in IE, Firefox, MMC).
Assuming that AIM is doing a normal SSL connection, you need the
*server's* private certificate.  Only AOL would (should) have that :).

Steve