Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] [HELP] How to send bytes to wireshark on runtime

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 10:03:49 -0700

On Aug 7, 2009, at 9:59 AM, Sam Roberts wrote:

Maybe we'll try this sometime. I'm not sure how rich the pcap
interface is, there is some information, such as channel to listen on,
that needs to be known in order to capture.

The current pcap interface splits the process of starting a live capture into:

	a call to create a capture handle;

	various calls to set various properties on the handle;

	a call to activate the handle.

There is currently not a call to set a channel on which to capture, but at some point one will be added to handle 802.11; such a call could be used on other network types.