Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Lockup and Network Name Decoding

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 06:55:27 +0200
On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 09:30:12PM -0500, chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Before I report something as a bug, I want to make sure I wasn't messing-up.
>
> I was showing some folks how to use Wireshark (version 1.2.1) today. When
> I showed them how to create their own HOSTS file and enabled Network Name
> decoding (something I have done before), Wireshark would lock-up, even if
> I turned-off concurrent DNS resolution.
>
> If Network Name resolution is turned-off, the lockup does not occur.
>
> One person repeated the same task on an earlier version of Wireshark (I
> don't have the number) and did not have a lockup.
>
> Do I need to report it or have I missed something?

Did you see this behavior on multiple systems? Or was it just you having
the issue and one other person not having the issue? I can't reproduce
this with my version (Version 1.3.0-SVN-28821 on WinXP).

If you can reproduce this on more than one PC, please report it as a
bug, otherise I think it might be something local on your PC.

Cheers,
    Sake