Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Lockup and Network Name Decoding

Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 21:30:12 -0500 (CDT)
Before I report something as a bug, I want to make sure I wasn't messing-up.

I was showing some folks how to use Wireshark (version 1.2.1) today. When
I showed them how to create their own HOSTS file and enabled Network Name
decoding (something I have done before), Wireshark would lock-up, even if
I turned-off concurrent DNS resolution.

If Network Name resolution is turned-off, the lockup does not occur.

One person repeated the same task on an earlier version of Wireshark (I
don't have the number) and did not have a lockup.

Do I need to report it or have I missed something?

Chuck Bland