Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] find local IP from cap-file

From: Andrej van der Zee <andrejvanderzee@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 16:29:46 +0900
Hi,

I received huge cap-files that log multiple network-interfaces in both directions (outgoing and incoming traffic). Unfortunately I have no information about which IPs are bound to the sniffed network-interfaces. Is there any way to retrieve this information from the cap-files? I know I can convert it to text and look at the IPs, but still I cannot say which local IP I was actually sniffing because network traffic is logged in both directions.

Thank you,
Andrej