Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] mp2t display filters do not function in my wireshark gui but w

From: Jeff Calkins <jcalkins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 09:12:56 -0600
My Wireshark at version 1.2.0 on MAC OS X version 10.5.7 does function properly when using mp2t display filters.  Wireshark allows me to use the +_expression_ button to add an mp2t display filter, but the filter yields no packet results (all udp packets in the capture are mp2t).  The mp2t dissector is one of the Wireshark "enabled protocols".  The simple udp display filters work well.  Using tshark, on the command line, I can successfully run an "io,stat" report, using an mp2t display filter.  I have no problems using the mp2t filters, when Wireshark is installed or built on a linux box.

Are there any Wireshark settings / preferences / profiles that allow me to use the mp2t dissector in my MAC environment?