Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.187

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:47:54 +1000
Tony Barratt wrote:
> Hello Glen,
>
> Thanks.
> Actually I do have the MIBs you mention included.
> I looked for a log file where I might find a "failed to load message"
> but did not see such a log file.

libsmi (the backend Wireshark uses) is picky about syntax errors and MIB
loaded before the MIB that references it.

Your list looks like it should work, but I don't see why you would need
both "CISCO-SMI" and "CISCO-SMI-V1SMI". The v1 version is for SNMP
software that can not handle v2 MIBs.

To check for syntax errors, get the full version of libsmi and run
smilint on each MIB before you add it to Wireshark. The version of
CISCO-ISDN-MIB I have has errors, but they should not be serious enough
to stop them loading.

                -- Dr. Who