Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Problems decode lldp frames

From: jacob c <jctx09@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:52:30 -0700 (PDT)
I have many frames coming from a Cisco Nexus switch. These frames are LLDP but are being classified as LLC for the protocol type. Therefore, the analyzer is not showing the LLDP data. What is a temporary fix to correct this decoding issue?

I have attached a small trace for review.

Also, I downloaded the sample LLDP capture from the wireshark site and it opened/decoded just fine so I don't know what is "different" about these LLDP frames from a the Cisco Nexus switch.

Thank you,