Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Why are there a lot of ARP traffic inanetwork?

Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:59:24 +0100
In message <239a01ca0b9a$16bbdc80$026a010a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Pablo Brozovich <Pmbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
I am looking at a 200-second trace with 10,511 packets, in this case
there are 7,720 ARP packets (73.45%). Can I take it easy? What can I do
to reduce those ARP packets in the network's traffic?

Is that 73% of all traffic, or 73% of broadcast/multicast traffic? 7720 ARPs in 200 seconds is less than 20kb/s, which in traffic terms seems pretty small.