Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Question about TCP buffering and Wireshark

From: wsgd <wsgd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 20:25:09 +0200
There is no setting in wireshark to show these separately
since wireshark does not know where is the separation.

Look at http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark/trunk/doc/README.developer :
2.7.1 Using tcp_dissect_pdus().
or
2.7.2 Modifying the pinfo struct.

Olivier

sean bzd a �crit :
TCP experts,
I'm trying to understand some TCP packets sent by my application that
I captured through wireshark. I noticed that multiple send() {winsock
API) calls are being combined into a single TCP frame. My custom
plugin doesn't seem to be able to parse this properly. Is there a
setting in wireshark to show these separately? OR is there something
in the plugin I can do to separate the frame into multiple app
packets??

The otherway around - i.e a large app packet split up into multiple
tcp frames is working fine and I had to do something special in my
plugin to handle this. (reassembled PDUs).

Thanks for your help.