Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] LAPD decode problem

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:25:37 -0700

On Jul 17, 2009, at 6:59 AM, Harvey, James B. wrote:

I have traces captured by an Agilent J2300 Advisor. The protocol is FTAM over CLNP over LAPD.

FTAM running over an ISDN D-channel?

The Advisor decodes LAPD but no higher. I have not found a way to convert these trace files to .PCAP directly

Do you have any documentation on the Advisor trace file format?

If not, do you have any Advisor trace files along with a printout of the dissection of the files?

If you have either or both of them, we might be able to make Wireshark capable of reading at least some of those files.

so I print to file the capture hex only, then massage the print file with TCL to get something I can feed to text2pcap. Looks like this:

This is an FTAM data PDU, a LAPD ack, and I think an FTAM ack. Text2pcap does convert,

What link-layer type did you use? (I.e., what value did you pass to the "-l" flag when you ran text2pcap?)