Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Large capturing - memory problem

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:40:13 +0200
Use dumpcap and Pilot(*).

(*) Pilot is a commercial companion to Wireshark made by Cace, intended for voluminous traces.

Thanx,
Jaap

Sent from my iPhone

On 15 jul 2009, at 14:29, Attila Peter <attila.peter.hirlevelek@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Hi Everyone!

I am capturing a large network traffic on my network. The capturing process should work for 8 hours on a gigabit interface, the network flow is beetween 6 kb/s - 1Gb/s, sum 80 Gb traffic.

Wireshark always crashes with an "OutOfMemory" error, I have already enabled the /3G switch, but it haven't solved my problem.

Does anbody have an idea? :)

Thank you,
Attila