Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] VOIPDiscount

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:58:49 -0700

On Jul 14, 2009, at 4:44 AM, Δημήτρης wrote:

Hello again I hope i reply proper

I am using voipdiscount and i try to playback the call with wireshark,
During the capture i only see udp packets nothing to establish a sip
connection

Perhaps the capture started after the call was set up?
No. The capture starts before i launch the software.

Did any of the UDP packets appear to contain SIP requests or replies?
Were there any TCP segments containing SIP requests or replies?
Nope.

The UDP packets might be RTP; try either decoding them as RTP or
turning on the "Try to decode RTP outside of conversations" preference
for RTP
if i decode i see unknown RTP version 1.

Then, whatever those UDP packets might be, they're not standard RTP, so the RTP player won't help.

It sounds as if either

	1) you're not capturing all the traffic for VOIPDiscount

or

	2) they're using non-standard protocols.

We'd have to see one of your captures to determine which of those is the case.