Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] no capture interfaces displayed in wireshark

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:19:11 -0700

On Jul 9, 2009, at 10:15 PM, Jaap Keuter wrote:

The best way to do this is to configre the build with --enable-setuid-
install, which builds dumpcap setuid root.

I don't know if this survives in RPM build, so you can always do that
afterwards: # chmod +s dumpcap

That's sufficient only if dumpcap is owned by root; doing, as root:

	chown root dumpcap
	chmod +s dumpcap

may be necessary and should be sufficient.