Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark-users Digest, Vol 38, Issue 17

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 15:02:29 -0700

On Jul 11, 2009, at 2:15 PM, Δημήτρης wrote:

I am using voipdiscount and i try to playback the call with wireshark,
During the capture i only see udp packets nothing to establish a sip
connection

Perhaps the capture started after the call was set up?

and if i go to the voip calls it cannot detect any. I tried
to decode the udp packets as sip but no luck.

Did any of the UDP packets appear to contain SIP requests or replies? Were there any TCP segments containing SIP requests or replies?

I thought i should be able to listen the call through the voip player
of wireshark.

The UDP packets might be RTP; try either decoding them as RTP or turning on the "Try to decode RTP outside of conversations" preference for RTP.

If there are RTP packets when you do that, try using the items in the RTP statistics menus; the RTP player might be able to play back the RTP streams.