Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] IGMP compliance testing? [was: Script/Macro to set time refere

From: Jake Peavy <djstunks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 15:24:35 -0400
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Jake Peavy <djstunks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/29/08, Jake Peavy <djstunks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey all,

I would like to collect IGMP information using Wireshark.  I'm trying to find occasions where the client does not respond to the General Query in the allocated time.

To do so I'd like to have Wireshark set each query (igmp.type == 0x11) as a time reference.  Is there a way to do this?

And, since I'm asking, if there's a way to parse the query for the IGMP maximum response time (igmp.max_resp) and identify only those membership reports (igmp.type == 0x16) which exceed this value that would be fantastic ;-)

Hey all,

This is an old post of mine but I thought I'd resend it to the list to see if anyone had any ideas.

What I'm aiming for is an automated (or mostly automated) method to gauge IGMP compliance of an IGMP client by monitoring IGMP performance over some long period of time.

Does anyone have any ideas in this regard?  All suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
-jp

If I was a father in a waiting room, and the nurse came out and said, "Congratulations, it's a girl," I think a good gag would be to get real mad and yell, "A girl!? You must have me mixed up with THAT dork!" and point to another father.

deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com