Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] format of output file

From: Juan Perez <jperezsip2008@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 11:43:53 -0700 (PDT)
hello

I am running tshark with the "a" and "b" flags to get a ring of 5 files, each of 100 KB of size.

tshark -i eth0 -w my-output-file -a filesize:100 -b files:5

That is working fine but I need to have the capture files in text format, not in pcap format, for easy parsing. This is the only explanation I have for the "w" flag

Output:
  -w <outfile|->           set the output filename (or '-' for stdout)

I tried using "-" but it spits the packets in weird characters to the screen.

How can keep the ringbuffer functionalty and have the files in text format?

cheers

jp