Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Auto refresh of the open file

From: Kranthi Kiran Sistla <s.kranthi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 11:57:02 +0530
Hello All,

I have the following problem that iam trying to work out with the help of Wireshark

1. I have log files that keep getting updated with SS7 traces being captured on ATM links.
2. Using text2pcap the files are being processed and  viewed in the wireshark.

As the files keep getting updated dynamically iam required to process the log files every few minutes to view the latest messages. Can anybody suggest if there is any way Wireshark can refresh the opened file automatically whenever the contents change or if there is any workaround to achieve the same affect instead of manually refreshing using CTRL+R.

Note : Iam currently using Wireshark Version 1.2.0 (SVN Rev 28753)

Thanks for your time.