Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Privacy invasion?

From: Wes <wes_r@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 19:52:24 -0700 (PDT)
Hey, if your sharing it and he's downloading it, how is looking at the data as he's capturing it an invasion?

Or are you saying someone else is downloading it and he's is capturing somewhere in the middle? If this is the case, then I would think that wiretap laws might apply, but I'm not the person to ask. In addition, if it's being captured wirelessly, it might be different.

If you want your data (pretty much) private, turn on encryption.

In any case, Wireshark is just a tool. Just like a hammer or a PC, they all can be used for illegal activities.