Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Mpeg Transport Stream mpegts

From: RTovo <rtovo.dsp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 14:25:03 +0000 (UTC)
Hi all.

Is there a way to open and dissect mpeg2 transport streams (ISO 13818-1) on
wireshark like it is done on MPEG2 TS Dissector ( http://www.network-
research.org/mp2tsdis.html ) that is based on discontinued Ethereral?

When I sniff a TS sent over UDP, Wireshark is able to decode the MP2T headers,
but I would like to be able to decode the payload (PSI/SI sections) too, as the
dissector mentioned above does.
Besides, opening a .ts file directly would be a cleaner approach than sending
the file over UDP and sniffing.

Thanks for the help.