Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] LTE Message Dissectors

From: Sumanth Balakrishna C <sumanthbc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 16:13:59 +0530
Hello All,

      I am new to this Wireshark tool. From the RLC-LTE link
on wiki (http://wiki.wireshark.org/RLC-LTE), I came to know
that support is provided for RRC,PDCP,RLC and MAC layers
of LTE. However, in one of the discussions on this mailing list
it was mentioned that the PDCP dissector might call the RRC
dissector to decode the RRC PDUs. The link for this
discussion is :
http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users/200905/msg00104.html

   Hence, I would like to know if support has been added in
version 1.2.0 for the MAC dissector to call the RLC dissector
for decoding the MAC PDU which in turn calls the PDCP dissector
to decode the PDCP PDU which would then call the RRC dissector
to decode the RRC PDU.

   Also, my other query is as follows. What is the use or idea behind
adding the UDP framing format for the MAC-LTE PDUs? As per
my understanding, Wireshark cannot identify a PDU as MAC-LTE
PDU without this framing format. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,

Sumanth