Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] R: Re: radiotap RSSI v.s. IEEE802.11 RSSI

Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:19:12 +0200 (CEST)
>	for pcap captures with Radiotap headers, it's radiotap.dbm.antsignal,

>shown as dBm.

After few captures It seems to be: (IEEE802.11 RSSI) =
(radiotap.dbm.antnoise) - (radiotap.dbm.antsignal)

I'm using Wireshark 1.0.0
(1.2.0 is not in my repository) and modified MadWiFi drivers for 802.11p.
Do
you know any difference about how 1.0.0version and 1.2.0version capture data?

I'm going to do some test in 802.11p communication capturing data in several
hosts using 1.0.0 and analyzing data using 1.2.0. I hope there is no
difference! If there are some let me know and I'll spend few hours changing
all...

thanks

Davide

>> and a custom colums radiotap.dbm.antsignal
>> I'm
very surprise
>> to see different values for those columns
>
>Given that the
Radiotap code, at least in the top-of-tree version of
>Wireshark just puts up
the radiotap.dbm.antsignal value, I'd be
>*extremely* susprised to see
different values.

>The 1.2.0 code should behave the same as the top-of-SVN-
tree version;