Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] ./configure --enable-threads is not really enabling them

From: Andrei Pirvan <adypirvan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 22:27:17 +0300
Hello. I tried to build Wireshark 1.0.8 and Wireshark 1.2.0 on Ubuntu
9.04 amd64 with threads support. The configure script reports at the
end that threads will be used (Use threads : yes), but when I run the
program with "libtool --mode=execute gdb wireshark" I can see only the
main thread. Also, I noticed that "defined USE_THREADS" it's false (in
gtk/main.c), so that's the reason why it won't use threads, even if
"defined(G_THREADS_ENABLED)" is true. I need it because I must run
another thread used to inject some packets, and must have the
interface updating in the same time. Thanks in advance for any ideas.