Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] SSL and kerberos description

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:52:48 -0700
Jeff Morriss wrote:

> Thanassis Diogos wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I installed latest version (1.2.0) 64bit and there is no option to
>> decrypt Kerberos or SSl under
>> Edit-> Preferences -> Protocols -> SSL or KRB5
>> Tried unistall and install but still the same, am I doing something wrong?
>
> No, you didn't do anything wrong.  The issue is that we don't have a
> 64-bit version of the required libraries.
>
> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk/README?view=log&root=Wireshark-win64-libs
>
> has a section which lists all the libraries which are missing from the
> 64-bit Windows build.  (Gerald, maybe some subset of this information
> should be on the download page or somewhere else obvious?)

The release notes for 1.2.0 say "The 64-bit Windows installer does not
ship with the same libraries as the 32-bit installer." in the "Known
Problems" section. I can add something more prominent if needed.

In the meantime I've opened bug 3610 to track the progress of pulling in
the missing libraries.