Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark 1.2 running and not running on the same machine

From: "Oliver Keller" <oliver.keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 12:05:51 +0200
Hi Jaap and all,

I followed that hint and found out :

All interfaces are connected (as seen in the table of network connections)
- the physical interface is connected to a switch and the loopback are
connected anyway. Still the same error.

However :

All interfaces had IP addresses, EXCEPT the physical interface. I prefer to
have the host out of the network and work with the guest machines only. As
soon as I gave the physical NIC an arbitrary IP address, everything worked
fine, no errors, no crashes !

Thanks to the list, you guys are great !

Later,

Oliver