Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark v1.2.0's msvcp90.dll real or FP?

From: Phillip Pi <ant@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 07:07:20 -0700
> > > OK, that's better. So the files aren't tampered. Also, notice more than
> > > one online scanners detected suspicious beside SuperAntiSpyware?
> >
> > Yes. Please note that
> >
> >   1) We've received quite a few virus reports in the past:
> >      http://wiki.wireshark.org/FalsePositives
> >
> >   2) So far they've _all_ been false positives.
> >
> >   3) Trying to get confirmation about a specific positive for a specific
> >      file from a specific vendor is often an exercise in joylessness.
> >
> > I'm not quite ready to declare this a false positive. However, the
> > hashes for msvcp90.dll that we shipped match the ones on multiple
> > systems (which appear to be clean), and the hashes for the version of
> > UPX used to compress msvcp90.dll match those from a fresh download from
> > SourceForge. It really, really looks like a false positive right now.
>
> Yeah, I am thinking it is FP too. I am surprised that there a few
> scanners thinking it is a bad file. Oy! :(

Woohoo. SuperAntiSpyware no longer detects msvcp.dll file as bad. :)
Thanks all! Unsubscribing from mailing list. ;)
--
"Left right left right we're army ants. We swarm we fight. We have no
home. We roam. We race. You're lucky if we miss your place." --Douglas
| |o   o| |         Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net
   \ _ /                 E-mail: philpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ant@xxxxxxxxxx
    ( )