Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] RTP Player(Wireshark) installation

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 18:14:27 -0700

On Jun 21, 2009, at 4:41 PM, Stephen Fisher wrote:

If you're using the Windows version, it is included.  If you're using
Unix/MacOS X, then you need to have the portaudio library installed.

To put it a bit more precisely:

    If you're using a pre-built version of Wireshark:

If you're using the Windows or Mac OS X version (those are the only platforms for which we distribute binaries ourselves), PortAudio is included.

If you're using a packaged binary for some other platform, it depends on who's doing the packaging; I can't speak for various Linux distributions or any *BSD OSes, for example.

    If you're building Wireshark yourself:

If you're building on Windows, the Windows build procedure will download Portaudio and build with it.

If you're building on UN*X (OS X, Linux, *BSD, Solaris, etc.), you need to install the PortAudio library; the configure script *should* find it, at least if it's installed under /usr or /usr/local, and build with it.