Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Problem with Wireshark 1.2.0 - custom protocol dissectors

From: Sean <seanbzd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 20:21:59 -0400
Thank you Steve. That worked!!

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 10:35:18AM -0400, sean bzd wrote:

> Anyone having trouble with this version of wireshark 1.2.0? My custom
> dissectors don't show the "Protocol" and "Info" column information as
> I implemented in the plugin dll. They show TCP instead of my own
> protocol name. Works fine with 1.0.5.

(This may be a question better suited for the
wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list in the future)

It sounds like the API changed between 1.0.5 and 1.2.0 when it comes to
handling those columns.  You'll most likely need to recompile your
plugins using Wireshark 1.2.0 because we don't guarantee API (or even
ABI) compability between releases.

Steve